WHAT IS THE KEY OBJECTIVE?
To reduce the feeling of stress and apprehension of returners, such as those that have been on maternity leave, replacing this with motivation and engagement, with clear next steps identified to make an effective return – whilst supported by a Line Manager that knows exactly what they need to do to make this happen.
WHO ARE OUR WORKSHOPS FOR?
We run 2 workshops in parallel – one for returning employees and the second for their Line Managers.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE WORKSHOP?
Our workshops blend psychology, theory, discussion and practical exercises, all of which can be actioned immediately by the participant.
The content of the workshop is shaped around participant and company objectives.
WHAT WILL THE RETURNER TAKE AWAY/FEEL?
- A feeling of confidence and engagement about going back to work.
- They are looking forward to going back rather than feeling apprehensive and stressed
- Relieved and can enjoy the rest of their leave
- Proactive and knows what first steps to take immediately in order to make their return to work smooth and productive
WHAT’S IN IT FOR THE LINE MANAGER?
- The opportunity to develop a skillset that can be used for the rest of their careers and that has not been available to them before.
- The opportunity to develop great team morale by making the returner process good for everyone in the team
- To get their returner delivering asap
WHAT IS THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT?
- Engaged employees who have a great dialogue with their line manager will come back to work up to speed and ready to go – and get back to peak performance quicker
- Strong employee engagement correlates with retention, brand advocacy and delivery
- Stand out from competitors by offering an excellent package for returners
- The workshop reduces the burden on HR of line managers throughout the business coming to them with similar queries
- This initiative supports employees who are on the talent grid for senior positions
WHAT YOUR PEERS HAVE SAID ABOUT OUR COMEBACK COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS
The workshops are a fantastic opportunity to get mat returners and their line managers together to ease the transition back to work. They have helped line managers and returners to communicate effectively, ensuring our returners are more confident when they return.
This is the first time we have run anything like this before and the feedback has been amazing, from both returners and line managers. Line managers are able to speak to others experiencing the same situation and understand how to support their returner in a way that works for both them and the individual.
Kirsty Duncan, ITV